1. I don’t know what time it is but I know it’s early. Too early to be awake.
2. Tossing and turning while trying to practice some breathing to help me fall asleep.
3. The sound of splashing water on the concrete. The feeling of the coldness setting into my hands.
4. TSA pre-check.
5. She’s from Rockford but California has been home for 40 years.
6. No wi-fi.
7. I’m just so tired.
8. In the back is an orange or grapefruit tree, a bird of paradise plant, something else I can’t yet name. They love the house. I am relieved. The patio table was left. There will dinners outside soon.
9. We eat a big lunch/dinner. Artichoke dip ad Gorgonzola and pesto ravioli and a glass of Pinot Noir from Santa Lucia Highlands. I remember how much it’s going to be to have access to so many other Californian wines.
10.1 CBD gel on the temples and the neck and my arm.
10.2 5:30 and it’s bed time for me.