Ten.Six Hundred & Fourteen
1. So much light. The time time changes this weekend. I’m so ready for it.
2. I grab the coat out of my closet. I’d been meaning to get it altered. Navy blue with gold buttons. Another piece of vintage Ralph Lauren found in a heap of clothes. But today he will wear it and pretend to be Robert Livingston.
3. She says I look fancy.
4. The young woman is bright and has so much energy. I’m envious of her energy. This is the kind of job you can only do if you’re young.
5. We head down Vasco. The clouds are making shadows on the hills and the turbines are moving and it doesn’t even look real. It looks like a painting.
6. Daffodils in the sunlight. Tall grass. Cows looking down on us from the steep pasture.
7. Something about today. Maybe it was the sight of familiar faces...talking about things all of us know. Being with friends.
8. This was the kind of week that I needed. A week of speaking and feeling heard. A week of being with others. As much as I fancy myself a homebody, I needed to be present in public spaces.
9. Too tired to do anything else.
10. The house is a disaster. I’m going to try not to think about it. I’m going to play word games instead. Run definitions through my head. Hope for the rain to stay away tomorrow.