Ten.Three Hundred & Ninety-Nine
2. 5:15 run for coffee. I grab 4 pints of blueberries too. Why? Maybe these will become a dessert.
3. I make a mental list of what needs to be done: meal plan, grocery list, shopping, dusting all the baseboards, cleaning hand prints and fingerprints off the windows, water the lawn.
4. Still some time to read before the store opens. Dragonflies and butterflies and the finchs are singing.
5. DOCG Chianti for under $10. I’m intrigued.
6. It is hot. Very hot. But I’d rather sit here right now and fill my head with stories to distract me.
7. I hear them but I can’t see them.
8. I finish Children of Blood and Bone and am not ready for it to end. Now my hands feel restless. I decide that I'll straighten up the kitchen again and then find the next book to read.
9. Heart Berries. I retreat back into my hot corner of the alcove. Though I am not sweating, I can feel the salt accumulating in the creases of my skin. My eyes are drying out from the hot wind. But I still want to sit here.
10. Lately, I can barely keep my eyes open past 8:30. Sleep comes fast and hard.