Ten.Four Hundred & Twenty-Two
1. I just need to get them to school.
2. Of course this is the morning they want pasta and grilled cheese to pack for lunch. And someone else wants a shirt ironed. I just need them to get to school.
3. Wet tissue on the console and a mug of hot ginger and lemon tea.
4. I bring the laptop to bed and run through emails while I drink another glass of water and another mug of tea.
5. I can hear the wind whipping outside. Everything is dry though. There is no rain. I’d really like to breathe.
6. I close my eyes.
7. Twilight Zone in the background while I try to sleep away this cold.
8. Tomorrow at 10:45 am.
9. I sit out on the back stoop in the sun to warm up. I watch the trees and the tall grass wave back and forth. I can only hear the rustling of the leaves. I think of how I will miss this space.
10. He always sees more in me than I can see within myself.