Ten.Three Hundred & Ninety-Two
1. 4:30, full moon, quiet house.
2. I shouldn't check my phone first thing in the morning but I do and today, specifically I am bothered. But this is not about me. I mean, it is, in a way. And it's hard not to take it personally. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't see it coming.
3. Make a list.
4. I keep my head wrap on even after they get here because, whatever, I am cleaning and sweating and I don’t want to waste a good Afro puff.
5. One of the women used to live in Danville which is right near the other places we are looking to settle to. Synchronicity. I needed to be reminded, at this very moment, that not matter what we’re moving to California.
6. Burger and fries and a ginger ale out on the patio. Hunger.
7. They finally get us in the pool. She and I wade in the water and chat and they splash us in the face. It’s almost too chilly but the water feels good.
8. I need the fresh air.
9. And then I finally feel some peace.
10. Pizza and Collusion and chats with neighbors in the driveway. Being okay with what is. Realizing that I need to do things like buy school clothes and order school supplies. Realizing that we have to keep on living.