Ten.Three Hundred & Twenty-Nine
1. The way the sun peeks around the corner of the neighbor’s house.
2. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. I’m out of coffee and settle for a cappuccino instead.
3. I’m scared someone will want to check my backpack and discover the candy and water bottles we’re taking in to see the movie.
5. One thing I do like about the newer Star Wars movies is how diverse the casts are. There is a kaleidoscope of species who are for and against one another. There are women who lead.
6. It feels hot in a way that nots a fun kind of heat.
7. Details back and forth over voice memo.
8. i found god in myself and i loved her / i loved her fiercely - “For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf
9. In the shower I feel gratitude in my body and it feels like a gentle current of electricity. I am thinking of next year’s retreat, I am thinking of this short piece I’m writing for Lucia about Zinfandel vines and my own wilding. I am thinking about how I’m going to solve my dining room chair problem so I can have her come read poetry in my home. In the soapscum I write “I love my life” as both an acknowledgement and an affirmation.
10. I can’t keep my eyes open.