Ten.Three Hundred & Thirty-One
1. Bright, bright sun.
2. I read the comments to see why she's moving from our neighborhood. She needs big trees. She's going to Naperville or St. Charles or Geneva. What is this feeling? Oh. Jealousy.
3. I dig through the clothes. Yes. Still feeling the jealousy. Reminding myself that I choose this place that this is where I am committed to being. I remember my big yard and my garden and my workspace in the basement. I am only able to have these things because we are here.
4. Granola with coconut milk yogurt, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Hot coffee. Just one cup. I need to cut back again.
5. Intuition and intention as guides for what I am consuming in every way.
6. We sweat on the bench at the playground but the girls have kept their complaints about the heat to a minimum. But it’s still good to be here with her under the tree.
7. The drive in is easy even if long. She gets a beet burger and I get vegan tostadas. We sit for two hours and end our meal with a scoop of vegan ice cream. I’m glad we made time for this. I’m looking forward to more things like this in the future.
8. I ask/tell him I want her to come do a poetry/wine tasting at the house next month.
9. We migrate to the garden. This wicker loveseat is probably the best $20 I’ve spent in a long time. Back here all you hear is the hum of cars on 34 and maybe a few smacks of the clubs and balls on the golf course. And we just watch the clouds change color and shift shape.
10. If I let him he’d stay here all night looking for stars, tracking Jupiter across the night sky.