Ten.Three Hundred & Seventeen
1. Birdsong and feet shuffling.
2. Red lipstick just because I'm finally really liking myself in it.
3. But why are you arguing about going out to eat? Sometimes I think she likes to complain just to complain.
5. The river is full and gently rolling. The air is thick with humidity but still.
6. Decaf coffee, hibiscus mimosa, a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. I promise her that I will try to find a jar of hibiscus flowers so she can taste how delicate and sweet they are.
7. I settle back into the bed and fall asleep. Deeply.
8. My gift is a wicker loveseat to set in the open garden space.
9, I take her to the library. How can I not take her to the library when she asks? There are certain things that I will always honor for my children when they ask: a delicious meal, a trip to a museum, a ride to the library.
10. Again. It's just barely 9 and I can't keep my eyes open.