Ten.Three Hundred & Eleven
1. He is up before me again. Too many questions before 6 am.
2. The way the morning light is coming up through the trees, so thin and golden.
3. But, no. There’s still enough food here.
4. No one eats the biscuits. I am missing the meals at the ranch. I am missing the feeling of being well-fed.
5. We walk. One big mug of tea in my hands. Gnats. Two heron turning their necks.
6. I don’t know what to do so I read some more pages of Emergent Strategy.
7. So much sun and only the noise of lawnmowers and weed whackers.
8. Sunroof weather.
9. The evening is falling apart. My angst is a result of too much time on social media plus imaginary conversations that have been playing out in my head.
10. It could also be the sugar. Too much sugar today.