Ten.Two Hundred & Seventy-Seven
1. There is a dampness in the air that thickens the cold.
2. 6:15 and I am still the only one awake though I won't be for long. I can already hear the birds and their fervent chirps.
3. This is a no-make breakfast day for me: frozen waffles of mini-bagels and fruit.
4. The drive is long but necessary. They've built townhomes on the corner now and it looks so different.
5. Tuesdays with them. It feels like it's been more than a week. Every day this year has been long and full, slow and yet fast.
6. Paperwork. Three weeks to go and this is the last bit of formality that needs to be done. No, there is still more to create, but that is the fun part.
7. It's 4:45 and I need to close my eyes for a short nap. I'm progressively more and more fatigued.
8. I think I'll write a blog post about the books and experiences I've had this year that are making me rethink everything. How much shifting can a person do at one time? Do we have a responsibility to those closest to us to ease into change? But sometimes you just need to rip off the band-aid and dive right in. And also, what's realistic? This is where I am stuck—between my fantastical ideals and reality.
9. Roasted chicken and green beans and leftover potatoes. I forgot to light the candles.
10. These words repeating over and over: ..."a softness over people." - from "Soft" by Kay Ryan