Ten.Two Hundred & Seventy-Eight
1. There is a dusting of white over everything. Surely it can't be that cold?
2. In the kitchen I can hear the wind whipping. It's almost like a roar. The oldest is already downstairs making his sandwich, claims that he couldn't sleep. Neither could I.
3. It was perhaps the worst sleep I've had in a long time and not because of dreams, but just an inability to calm the body and the nerves enough to rest deeply.
4. The clouds parting. The wind must be forcing it.
5. Rectangles of sun on the stairs, in the hallway, slanted against the wall.
6. I watch 2 more episodes of Versailles. I still can't decide if I want to keep watching it. I have conflicted feelings about this king. I think this means the show has good writing.
7. The same kind of thoughts reappear every month at the same time. I know that there is a language my body is speaking to me that still feels foreign.
8. I miss my strength.
9. Tomorrow I'll write a poem on the chalkboard wall. I need more words.
10. Star Jasmine and old vines / Lay claim upon the ghosted land, / Then quiet pools whisper / Private childhood secrets. - from "California Prodigal" by Maya Angelou