Ten.Two Hundred & Ninety-Four
1. All the robins and the birdsong of something sweet and small.
2. Sunrise coming up over the Meijer. An early morning run to the store for cereal and milk and just enough food for them to make a lunch.
3. I remember the piece Danielle LaPorte wrote about how much pizza would be a staple in the family's diet when a book deadline rolled around. This is how I'm feeling about life right now. This is a week with a lot of deadlines and a lot of laundry and a lot of meals that I don't feel like making.
4. In the basement I turn on Beyonce and lay out faux flowers on the table, find a paperclip to keep the candle from rolling around.
5. Compliance and Defiance.
6. I want to take a nap but I want to finish this even more.
7. Tonight, I just want to sleep.
9. I tell her that I've been trying to figure out how to make her come out from hiding to use her powers. Because there's a younger generation that needs her wisdom.
10. I'm feeling the future.