Ten.Two Hundred & Seventy-Two
1. The owls are near.
2. I can't see the stars from the bathroom window which means the rains have come.
3. Scones with a cinnamon glaze. I think, maybe I have lost my old ways of healing.
4. We are not the only ones with the idea of getting there early. It is Spring Break, after all. I decide to jump because I also need to play. I need to remember what it feels like to fly.
5. I know I will be sore tomorrow but I am grateful for the relative health of this body, that I am young enough to be able to do things like this with them. My main motivation for staying healthy is to be able to cross-over my son.
6. I search for toilet paper holders, cabinet hardware, and light fixtures.
7. I tell her that I've spent the last few weeks writing up business plans and working on a resume and that none of it feels right. And yet I must do something. I need to do something. What I really want to do is just tend to home.
8. The sound of geese honking as they fly overhead.
9. I get sidetracked by numbers and sheets and forget to start dinner.
10. Riesling and Vouvray, both just a tad sweet, tasting like summer.