Ten.Two Hundred & Forty-Six
1. Deep gray sky but it’s beginning to glow.
2. Birdsong as the light filters in, pale yellow.
3. The problem with waking so early in a sleepy town is having to wait for everyone else to wake up.
4. The most beautiful bowl of granola I’ve ever seen. Honey drizzled over the vanilla yogurt. Granola with soft yet crunchy almonds. Topped with a slice of a blood orange. Hot coffee.
5. The green in this valley. So much green. But this spot may not be right for us.
6. “A kind of light spread out from her. And everything changed color. And the world opened out. And a day was good to awaken to. And there were no limits to anything. And the people of the world were good and handsome. And I was not afraid any more.” - East of Eden
7. Compline. Black and gray and white and wood. One glass of Vouvray Petillant. One glass of Blaufränkisch. One glass of Blanc de Morgex et de La Salle. Duck fat fries and terrine and funky cheeses. Natural light illuminating the room. It’s a wine bar for the curious. I can’t wait to come back.
8. When we live here... When we live here... When we live here...
9. How is it already the last night?
10. Tomorrow morning I’ll rub on some more of this lotion, pack up my things, stick my feet into my converse and walk around culinary garden, fill up on coffee and farmer dreams at Fremont Diner.