Ten.Two Hundred & Fifty-Two
1. The clouds are gray and pink and few. This means there will indeed be sun.
2. I feel ready for today.
3. I stumble upon an interview on Apiece Apart with a woman, Emma Lipp, a chef at Scribe Winery in Sonoma and now I’m down a rabbit hole filled with beauty. Y’all palm trees, vines stretching as far as the eye can see, an old building with a tiled roof. It looks like no where I’ve been and now I am craving it.
4. Back to meal plans.
5. In the grocery store I see the older gentleman again. He wears blue Velcro shoes, jeans, a black hat. And a smile. Always a smile.
6. The warmth of the sun coming in through the slate of the blinds. I can barely keep my eyes open. I’m craving summer. It’s coming. It’s coming.
7. What would happen if I just started all over again? Stripped everything a way, peeled back the skin and got back to the heart of it all? What would it look like?
8. Dos Almas Cabernet Sauvignon.
9. The gap between the vision and what’s needed to achieve it. I probably am closer than I realize.
10. “Answer, if you hear the words under the words—/otherwise it is just a world/with a lot of rough edges,/difficult to get through, and our pockets/full of stones.” - The Words Under The Words, Naomi Shihab Nye