Ten.Two Hundred & Nineteen
1. I hear the alarm and decide to turn it off and go back to sleep.
2. I can sense the light creeping in to the room. All I want is someone to bring me coffee.
3. He offers to bring me coffee.
4. I eat grapes and drink the coffee and read.
5. “Your will, in other words, is not a manifestation of your character...”
6. The nap was long and luxurious. And so needed.
7. We chat on the phone about me and my work, her and her writing.
8. The light. So much light.
9. The smell of the dough. I dump it onto the counter and watch it spread. I cut it into six triangles and then roll each one into a rope. It is elastic and yeasty and light.
10. It is going to happen. It is going to happen.