Ten.Five Hundred & Twenty-One
1. His alarm is going off. “Oh, it’s 6 o’clock!”
2. The youngest one has already beat me to the kitchen. “Will you please cut my apple,” he says with a jig. He always has a jig.
3. Imagine Dragons station as we roll out of the driveway.
4. Their voices and their faces on this Tuesday. It is the same but also not. And yet I needed it more than I realized.
5. No sun and so today the hills look more gray than brown.
6. La Note.
7. I miss this kind of buzz. Youthful energy.
8. This new pick-up strategy didn’t work. We all agree to go back to the old way.
9. Back to flash card life.
10. She makes me promise to wake her up at 6:05. I will probably regret agreeing to this. But the way she smiled at me made it so hard to resist.