1. 4:02 a.m. Hello again big, bright moon.
2. If only every drive into the city was as quick and quiet as this one. I'd make my way more often.
3. Flashing yellow lights as the lanes go from four to one. A car, black and charred and flipped onto its roof.
4. The darkness of Lower Wacker.
5. This is the first time I've ever seen the sun rise over Lake Michigan and I am breathless at the sight: electric orange orb rising up over the rippling water.
6. This does not feel like Chicago.
7. The view from here. My god, the view. I'll cling to the memory of this.
8. This sand. This water. This moment with her as she looks out over the water.
9. Apples sliced for pie. Sugar and cinnamon and flour on my fingertips.
10. The figs I bought yesterday are soft and sweet. I roll the seeds on my tongue.