1. Fog hovering above the road in front and the wetlands out back. The tomatoes are increasing in size, as is my wonderment.
2. Butter, brown sugar, vanilla, water, salt, cinnamon, oats.
3. “I want to know
if you know
how to melt into that fierce heat of living
the center of your longing.” - David Whyte
4. You know you've reached a milestone when you let your new neighbor walk across the crumbs on your floor. You have your husband make her a cappuccino while you sip on lukewarm drip coffee and water laced with apple cider vinegar and raw honey.
5. Blue velvet cloud.
6. She asked us to give her the gift of beauty. On my list: the beauty of longing.
7. Hydrangeas, petals pink and wilting.
8. I have an affinity for things that are big and delicate. Like hydrangeas and peonies and dahlias. Like men and dreams and good wine. Like Life.
9. Car full of kids waiting for ice cream.