Ten.One Hundred & Fifty-Six
1. I make a whole pot forgetting that I'll be leaving soon to drink coffee somewhere else.
2. The sun is bright and high and in my face as I head east toward Naperville. Sunday traffic is light and easy. I'm still tired from last night's dinner even though I was in bed by 11.
3. Boxed water plus a large coffee plus a big cinnamon and sugar donut. The donut is not as good as the one I just ate from the abbey.
4. We nail down the name of the project. I am grateful to her for reaching out to me about this. We're doing our little thing to be a part of the conversation. And it's an important conversation.
5. It looks like there is glitter on the Fox River.
6. Brunch with my circle. Mimosas and a burger.
7. Two scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone. One scoop of sea salt caramel and one scoop of apple pie. I feel like a kid again.
8. I feel off. It might be the cold medicine plus a full and fast weekend.
9. Three deer walking across the scorched earth. Even with all that has been burned away, once they stop moving I can't see them. Is there safety in stillness?
10. I have no energy to decorate the tree tonight. "Tomorrow," I say. Tomorrow.