Ten.One Hundred & Eighty-Four
1. My nights have been late but my morning have still been early.
2. Everyone is still sleeping and the sun is up and I wish it was like this every day. Because these are my best hours.
3. I'm deep in this work and it might not make any kind of difference. Or maybe it will. I just need something new.
4. Is it really the last day of the last month of the year?
5. And even though my mind is racing I am still sunk into the slowness of this day.
6. I bring my computer back up to the dining room because the basement is just too cold. But this month I'm going to figure out how to make it better for myself.
7. Bowl of Doritos.
8. 2018 might be the year we double the vegetable intake.
9. I watch the sunset from the side mirror. Jewel tones layered in the sky behind me. There's a metaphor here as I look back while I try to move forward.
10. It's so good to be here where everything and almost everyone is so familiar. And yet at the same time noticing how apart from it all I now am and will continue to be. Which is not bad but it's real and right now it's really hitting me that this is no longer mine.