Ten.One Hundred & Thirty-Four
1. There were enough leftover hand pies last night that I was able to bring some home for this morning's breakfast. The girl and I are the only ones who eat them.
2. We do much better moving without the ball. Way less fouling. But the boys look sleepy. They are too young to be so tired. To my surprise, we win.
3. I drop her off at gymnastics and then run to the store for meatballs and to pick up a large coffee table I found on craigslist. I need something on which I can do my food and wine photography and this $5 table seems like a good investment.
4. What am I even doing?
5. I wish I had done all of my cleaning on Thursday or Friday so that I could have just enjoyed the dark quiet of today. So this afternoon is for bathrooms and baseboards and mirrors and floors. And music, turned all the way up from the Bluetooth speakers.
6. Meaningful movement.
7. Spaghetti and meatballs and an Italian red blend. Which reminds me that I need to get back to my wine studies.
8. What am I even doing?
9. I decide to lead a dance party for the three of us that consists of a variety of old and made-up dance moves. Then we take turns following one another. We are laughing and giggling and my legs are burning. We end by dabbing to the clean version of Jay-Z and Kanye's "Ni**as in Paris." I think about how I've become the old parent who doesn't listen to any new music but returns over and over again the songs that shaped her in her 20s.
10. She says that we should do it more often. I agree. A thousand gratitudes for a kitchen big enough to dance in.