Ten.One Hundred & Nine
1. I wake up in the middle of the night—or maybe it’s early morning—and see something the color of amber that’s sparkling through the window. A star? Another planet? An angel? I am bleary-eyed and have to pee.
2. The thin and cold air takes my breath away as I stand on the front porch and take in the sliver of moon.
3. I have a vision in my head of a levitating apple.
4. Tuesday. My favorite day of the week.
5. I listen to the latest On Being episode with Joan Halifax. Everything she is saying is so applicable to my life right now. It makes me want to pull over the car and close my eyes and let her wisdom wash all over me.
6. I should get back to meditating.
7. He has me blind taste two wines and rate them on a 100-point scale. Research.
8. The weather today. And the sun. How it’s rays are a slender shade of yellow that breaks through the trees.
9. Culver’s Night for a school fundraiser. Do I need this burger? No. Do I want to do dishes? No.
10. We FaceTime him to wish him a happy birthday. I’ve gotten out of the habit of having the kids call them. They joy on his face makes me want to do better at remembering.