Ten.Four Hundred & Thirty-Three
1. Nerves and excitement in the dappled sunlight.
2. Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. I pull a Leslie Knope and ask for another serving of whipped cream. Coffee in a diner mug.
3. At least I know I am employable.
4. I stop and grab some flowers from Trader Joe’s. She asks me if I’m visiting. I get to say, “yes! But I’m moving here soon!”
5. I know where I am.
6. Her and her belly and mint tea in the most perfect mug.
7. We’re not going to regret it.
8. The evening winds are beginning to blow and they furious and cool. I watch the leaves shake and fall.
9. Of course our server was born and raised here and he loves it. He suggests Panama Bay Coffee in downtown Livermore.
10. It’s bustling tonight. The guys at the coffee shop make us lattes and give us suggestions on lunch for the next day. And before we leave they welcome us to the neighborhood.
10.1 A 24-hour donut shop. We split a hot glazed donut and sit on a park bench. Eyes full.