Ten.Four Hundred & Twenty-Four
1. Slow morning with a surprise.
2. The wetness of everything. I am craving a long walk in the light rain.
3. The surprise is that they get to skip school so that we can go to a Cubs game. It will be their first and probably last visit to Wrigley Field. It’s a cloudy day but who doesn’t love to play hooky.
4. Tomorrow from 12:15-1:15. Plenty of time for me to get a little bit of work done before all the cleaning has to be done.
5. There’s no way for me to respond to each one. I just read them and take them in. I am just a witness.
6. This is smart. Rent out your garage on game day and make a few extra dollars.
7. Popcorn and a draft beer. The seats are better than I expected. Everyone is happy. The oldest says that this might be the best day of his life.
8. I could fall asleep though if I wasn’t so cold.
9. Pizza for dinner, cold medicine for dessert.