Ten.Three Hundred & Seventy-Nine
1. Now the first thing I do is pray for a showing.
2. The glass is wet. It will be warm again today. We have plans to see friends, the girl and I, and I can't wait to have my laboradite back on my wrist.
3. Call it in.
4. I drink the coffee even though it's almost too hot to drink the coffee. I sit in the chair on the right-hand side because it's the one that get's the sun first. the bottoms of my legs begin to feel the heat and I pull them back into the shade.
5. What kinds of birds are these?
6. It's so quiet out here. On the inside everything is so loud.
7. We sit in the shade and laugh. They play on the slides and monkey bars and in the sand.
8. I text my parents. They've done this so many times. What do we do? What should we try? He tells us nothing. Assures us that it's summer time and people are on vacation and that there's really no reason to worry. I am not so sure I agree but he is my expert and what's the point in calling an expert if you aren't going to listen to their advice.
9. It's time for braids again.
10. Mosquitoes and fireflies and fire and stars. I keep staring up and thinking of how jealous the little one would be to know that I could see all of these stars. This is one of the last times I'll be in this circle. This is going to be the hard part: Saying all of the good-byes.