Ten.Three Hundred & Sixty-Four
1. Almost a year of this already.
2. The moon in it's thin, translucent skin. The sun is so bright that it's lost its shape.
3. Of all the days to need to clean out the garage. But the list is long and I should do as much as I can while I have the energy to do it.
4. Dripping everywhere. Shirt sticking. I am in the shade. The heat. I scrub down the front door too. It all looks so fresh again.
5. I shower and I think of orange trees and lemon trees and fig trees and all the green.
6. Costco on a Saturday morning is never a good idea. I'm glad I took this place out of my weekly rotation. All the people. All the noise. All the stuff.
7. I start on the sauce. First I put on my apron. I haven't worn it in so long. The linen is beginning to soften and I love that. I love that my daughter will wear this some day. I go out to the garden and stuff the pockets of the apron with rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, and basil.
8. Cranes in the sky.
9. We sit on the stoop and talk and talk and sometimes we're quiet because they are playing Euro-pop next door and the both of us are trying to figure it out.
10. I love how much he wants to look at the stars. Al of the kids ask questions, but he asks the most and that's an exciting trait—a wondering mind.