Ten.Three Hundred & Three
1. The buzz buzz of my phone. Emails coming through pre-dawn.
2. I decide to make sure I get to the bench for sunrise. I watch as the yellow light falls over the land. The tall, wild grasses look golden. The grass—a bright yellow-green. Clouds that look like mountains.
3. I play "3x5" by John Mayer and my eyes swell a little with tears. Large sips of water.
4. I will miss this place. I will miss these women.
5. Two deer on the hill. It feels like some kind of good omen.
6. We hug them all good-bye. I'm almost glad that I'm so tired otherwise I might cry. Large sips of water.
7. Jasmine and orange blossoms and lemon blossoms and eucalyptus and succulents and oaks and roses and birds of paradise and agave and rosemary.
8. But when do I get to come back?
9. I ought to speak more love over it. Yes. Yes. More love. And so I whisper apologies and then affirmations. Because I do want it to grow.
10. I don't want to leave.