Ten.Two Hundred & Fifty-Seven
1. The owls are somewhere off in the distance. One or two. I can't quite tell. I enjoy their presence. They always bring good messages.
2. I am trying to keep distance. And by that, I mean making sure to separate feeling from fact, what's heard versus what's actually said.
3. The coffee shop is pretty. Grays and blacks and golds and stained wood. Yellow-orange glow from Edison bulbs along the wall. Coffee beans stuffed into brown paper bags.
4. Latte made with oat milk. It's creamy but a little bitter. We don't have much time together this morning but this hour sweetens the day.
5. The three of us on the screen talking puppy-people training, art supplies, and travel arrangements.
6. The sun today is a good and healing kind of sun. The kind of sun that temporarily washes away worry. On the floor, on this side of the bed, it feels a little more safe.
7. I have a feeling that there are many things that need ending.
8. Potato & leek soup. Baked chicken thighs. It's a simple enough meal. Filling. Even the 6 year-old eats the soup. But who wouldn't eat soup that has bacon crumbles.
9. Back at the computer but I know that I had to ride this spike of energy for as long as I can. They are so few and far between these days.
10. Making space.