Ten.Two Hundred & Twenty-Two
1. There is the glistening of freshly fallen snow.
2. Once I open the garage I see that another 2 inches has fallen. I grab the shovel and begin to push it off to the side. This snow is not as light.
3. I can feel the cold settle into my fingers. I think about how yesterday the numbness lingered throughout the morning. I wonder if it's time for me to consider a lifestyle change and work on our diet. I've been lazy in the kitchen these past few months. And what you eat really does matter. I know this because I've made the hard changes before.
4. And I think I just need to remember what good health felt like and stop thinking about all that I will miss. Besides, everything in moderation.
5. This is the shallow work time of my day. I know that I will have two periods of deep work once the children have gone to school.
6. The whining. So much whining. I think he is just tired.
7. I have this idea for an article I want to pitch. I talk to my first interviewee and then know that there is even more to this idea than I thought.
8. “First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you're inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won't. Habit is persistence in practice.” - Octavia Butler
9. There is more snow coming. I still have not bought him snow boots.
10. 7 days until Santa Cruz. 20 days until Napa. 76 days until Fever Dreams Collective.