Ten.One Hundred & Ninety-Seven
1. The little bit of green between yellow and midnight blue.
2. I can tell it's going to be a bright day which is good. I'm ready for a little sun. It've been so dark.
3. Tonight is soup night and there is still so much to do.
4. Basketball game. We win but they still frustrate me. No one jogs to the bench. They still won't put their arms up on defense. I have to remember that they are only 10.
5. Back to class and though the soreness is gone I am still a little tight. It's been a long time since I've done something that feels so unnatural. But I'm finding joy in this challenge to push myself to do something I've never done before. To be okay with the feeling of being uncomfortable.
6. I find the pork bones, bamboo in a can, dried shitake mushrooms and yellow tulips.
7. First the seaweed, then the mushrooms, then the pork bones, bacon, soy sauce, mirin. This is the broth. Fill your bowl with noodles, a soft boiled egg, kimchi, pork belly, bamboo, scallions, seaweed, top with broth. Slurp and get messy.
8. Table full of people. A little bit of music. A little bit of candlelight. A lot of Riesling.
9. Tired. But the good kind.
10. I hope they let me sleep in.