Ten.One Hundred & Ninety-Eight
1. 7:58 am.
2. Peel and slice the ginger, two cinnamon sticks, half a lemon, a couple spoonfuls of honey. Fill the pot and let it simmer.
3. I eat a small bowl of cereal and take my tea up to bed.
4. We recount last night's dinner. That soup—boy was it good. The people—so nice and fun. The kids—no crying. We need to do this again.
5. Deliberate practice.
6. "The woman's place of power within each of us is neither white nor surface; it is dark, it is ancient, and it is deep." - Audre Lorde
7. I wake up from my nap and remember that it is supposed to snow. And indeed the snow is beginning to fall.
8. The way the light reflects on the white, white snow. Even though it is past dark, there is still the illumination of sky.
9. But I'm ready for the warmth of sun and crawl back under the covers and pretend that I am somewhere else.
10. This week.