Ten.One Hundred & Eighty-Five
1. The first light of day. Negative 11 degrees.
2. I start the coffee and then make a bagel run. Because sometimes it's just easier on a morning like this to not have to think about anything.
3. I am still the only one awake.
4. Each one is still is their clothes from the night before.
5. I take my coffee back up to bed, journal and pen in hand. Twilight Zone marathon before falling asleep.
6. My little world here is so quiet.
7. I feel like I accomplished nothing. But maybe that was what I needed—to do nothing. What was there to accomplish any way?
9. But the year is here and there is so much to be excited about. I don't always love the energy and the expectation we place upon the start of a new year but there is still some feeling of expansive possibility that is there.
10. In the end, what am I going to be committed to?