1. The last morning.
2. You guys are local, right?
3. We hope to be soon, we say. Order two more english muffins, double-toasted with butter, and blackberry jam.
4. I meet her at Bouchon Bakery and order a croissant and a large coffee. We talk a little bit of business, of children, of writing.
5. Gather all the things and bring them back down to the car. My bag has a large seed cone, some feathers, a piece of driftwood, vine skeletons, and a coffee mug.
6. My first barrel sample and it's given to me by my favorite winemaker. She says the guys didn't take to the haiku idea. I learn that the seeds of the grapes will taste like toasted almonds when ripe.
7. I could have stayed there all day looking at The Palisades.
9. The light on the vines. Been here three times before and this is the first time I've seen the vines full of leaves and grapes, drip irrigation in action.
10. My boots are so dusty.