1. This is happening in reverse. It's getting closer and closer to the start of the school year but I'm rising later and later.
2. Dew on the tops of my feet.
3. I sit half in the sun and half in the shade. I love the feel of this mug but the coffee cools down far too quickly in it.
4. I'm getting back in the habit of watching my own thoughts.
5. The longing to return to California. For long stretches of vineyards and mountains and valleys. For Spanish tile and the scent of orange and bergamot and rosemary and cedar.
6. In the dream-that-will-be-reality we'll grow lemons and figs, avocados and cherries, maybe plant an olive tree.
7. But already, every morning I wake up and say, "wow, thank you."
8. Gewurztraminer, Viognier, Chenin Blanc.
9. The way people speak the words you need to hear. How the right words have a way of carrying you through to the next level. When others hold for you the grandest version of yourself. Because sometimes we can't see it. Trust that it's truth and rest in that.
10. And what are we here to do?