Ten.One Hundred & Sixty-Nine
1. Today is one of those full days that I am only mildly excited about.
2. But at least the sun is out today and it is warmish.
3. My wedding ring flies off my finger in a room full of dribbling 4-to-6 year olds. I am on my hands and knees in front of all the other adults. "It will be shiny!" I say. One of the teenage assistants finds it and I stick it in the bag of cashews my daughter isn't eating. I should really get this resized.
4. I am eating a sandwich. And this is not a big deal for most people, but for weird reasons, it is for me.
5. I'm craving coffee but I don't want to drink coffee so I make a "coffee-like drink" instead: a big mug of bold tea made from chicory, star anise, and allspice, with frothy coconut milk, and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. It's no caramel macchiato but it's satisfying enough.
6. Culivated Ease.
7. Comfort is the killer of the creative spirit.
8. I want to nap but instead browse for more inspiration instead.
9. Prayers of gratitude as I walk into my home.
10. I burn a candle for hope, fill the bathtub with warm water, sprinkle in epsom salt, and pour in lavender oil.