Ten.One Hundred & Fifty-Five
1. I must have been dreaming about being late because I wake up thinking it is 6:30 and it's actually only 5:30.
2. The coffee grinder sounds especially loud in the laundry room today. I make myself and english muffin because I know I need something in my belly before the first cup. It's dripping with butter and a little bit of strawberry preserves. If I could learn how to make an english muffin like the ones from Model Bakery I'd be in big trouble.
3. He wants to leave early to have more time to shoot around before his game. The night before I caught him watching basketball instructional videos on Youtube. I'm glad he's taking it seriously. His passion may not be exactly what I want it to be, but it's passion nonetheless and I love that.
4. Win. To be fair, we are much taller than the opposition. So much about winning is really making yourself look and feel bigger, letting yourself take up space.
5. I listen to a podcast while I clean. My mind is going a million miles a minute. I process things much better while in movement.
6. It takes us almost 2 hours to get downtown for dinner. The moon is big and white and round and I can see its shadows.
7. Duck heart paired with a Mosel Riesling. We have an Alsatian Gewurztraminer next. A Cabernet Franc from 2008. I've never eaten a duck that still had its face on.
8. City lights.
9. It's good to be home. I sometimes wish I lived closer to the city. On nights like these I want to figure out all the ways I can bring little bits of the city here to this suburb.
10. More nighttime cold medicine. At least I know I'll be able to sleep.