Ten.One Hundred & Twenty-One
1. The thin and thick of the clouds. The pale yellow seeping through the gray.
2. The pancakes are too thick and burning. And I don’t care. But I kind of do. I make some eggs.
3. The drive alone will be good for me. The sun is out and the trees are blowing.
4. Being with this family makes me smile. It’s chilly but really a beautiful morning to be here.
5. I take a little extra time making my way home. I get the noodles and the construction paper before heading to the downtown. I’m looking for something. I’m looking for myself.
6. I mix the dough. I haven’t made this recipe since we moved into this home. The wetness of the dough, the smell of the yeast, the sound of the spoon scraping against the sides of the bowl.
7. Chicken Noodle Soup.
9. We FaceTime them. They ask about the Halloween costumes and school. Dad asks me about the desert. I can feel my face begin to glow from the inside.